Another volcanic eruption dream
The previous one from two days ago is HERE

It is two days after the previous volcanic eruption dream and I have just awoken from the following dream.

In this dream, I am standing on a suburban road at the top of a mountain which is very quickly becoming enveloped in lava flows from a volcanic eruption. As I am seeking an escape route, realising the urgency of moving quickly to avoid certain death, I head for the embankment at the road edge and I notice a woman who calls out to me, "Isn't there an easier way?"

With a sense of urgency, I call out, "No! Come on!", and run up the embankment even though I know the other side is a large drop over a steep, rocky face down the edge of the mountain. Once I get over the embankment, I realise just how treacherous this path appears but, knowing this is the only way, I make the first of many seemingly dangerous leaps across the rocks to the valley below.

Once I reach the valley, I see a large group of people gathered there and, at first, ask myself, "Where are all the women?"
Looking around, I notice that, despite my initial impressions, there are indeed other women around me. I also notice that the woman who called out to me at the top of the mountain has followed me and also reached the safety of the grassy valley. The guy who was practising his crass comedy routine on the bus in my previous dream (the class clown from my highschool days) is also amongst us and so too is his father.

At this point, I notice the lava from the eruption has flowed out across the land surrounding us to the left and the right in a 'v' shape but has not flowed across the rocky face we have just descended. In the opposite direction, across the valley and immediately in front of us, I notice a river. On the other side of the river is what appears to be a large expanse of heavily treed bushland, free from the ravages of the eruption.
It is at this point I awaken from the dream.

A number of things are noteworthy at this early stage of documenting this dream.
  • At no point in this dream do I hear or feel any rumbling, quaking or other physical warning.
  • The area at the top of the mountain is middle class suburbia.
  • The lava appeared to have swallowed up the entire area without warning, taking everyone by surprise.
  • Despite being faced with death in a "lake of fire", the woman who called out to me was still looking for an easy escape, initially heading TOWARDS the lava!
  • The rocky path to safety was paved with huge, unshakeable rocks and required many leaps of faith and complete surrender to fear to reach the safety of the grassy valley - Jesus is our Rock and the path to salvation is narrow with few finding it.
  • There was no panic amongst those who had gathered in the valley.
  • There are people who I previously thought were 'unsaveable' in the group in the valley.
  • There are many elements of Psalm 23 in this dream.

Psalm 23:1-6 (KJV)
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Some more verses that come to mind are:

Matthew 7:13-14 (LiTV)
Go in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are the ones entering in through it.
For narrow is the gate, and constricted is the way that leads away into life, and few are the ones finding it.

1Thessalonians 5:2-4 (KJV)
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.